After Seth and I got back together, we got to spend a few great weeks in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. I love it when I actually see how the Lord has me in the perfect place at the perfect time. When I found out about my Daddy I was covered in love, support, and prayer. Seth's family definitely took care of me and made me feel right at home. I couldn't thank them enough.
During that time, Seth and I were pretty much high on love. We were that cheesy couple with the wind at our backs and nothing could touch us. We were freshly back together, he got into PT school in my home town, and we were on top of a mountain. We were makin' plans! We saw it all in front of us. Nothing could stop us, we were going to be happy forever. At least that is what I was thinking...
Then we got the call.
Daddy was going to be having a biopsy on this mass they found.
This sparked one of those conversations that are so special you never forget them. Seth and I started talking about life and how it is a roller coaster of ups and downs, mountain tops and valleys. He said, "Right now, we are on top of the mountain, we can see our life stretch out in front of us and it's beautiful and we can't forget how great things are right now because it won't stay like this forever." How right he was! He said that we can't take those moments for granted and we must cherish them.
Well, I am just going to say it. I think we, meaning my family and myself, are in a valley right now. Sometimes I think, "How much deeper can this valley get?" "How much longer are we going to be here?" But then I think of the valley I was in right before I was on that mountain. I wonder if a bigger valley means a higher mountain top? It's sort of an encouraging thought.
I know our Heavenly Father won't give us more than we can handle, so I know that whatever valley is ahead of me I can take it. BUT, I also know that He gives us things that we can't handle without HIM. So, I reach out to Him and grab hold because that is the only way I can make it through these valleys.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

No comments:
Post a Comment