Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blessed Thoughts

"As children of God, we do not have to be derailed by the way we feel.  Our God is greater.  Give Him your heart." -Beth Moore

Man that woman has some of the best insight!  That simple line in my quiet time this morning spoke straight to my heart.  I almost always find at least one part of my bible study deals directly with whatever emotion I am feeling that day, which I know is the Lord's doing.

The thought that He is greater, stronger, BIGGER than anything I am dealing with is oh so wonderful.  I take a lot of comfort in knowing that He has a plan for my life and is always in control.  I never need to worry or fear because I know I am taken care of.

Another blessed thought is that it is completely okay for me to mourn.  It is okay and even encouraged for me to feel the way I feel.  I have been incredibly fortunate to have had several Jesus loving women in my life to pour into me.  Their passion for Him has been a constant guide for me and my own walk.  I got to have a lovely conversation with one of them today.  In her aim to comfort me, she related to me a piece of advise she had been given from someone who has been through a similar situation: It is okay to hurt right now.

Little did she know, that small wisdom gave me a multitude of freedom.  I think a lot of the time I am trying to be strong because I don't want to make too big of a deal out of all this.  But the truth is, it is a big deal and it does hurt.  And that is okay.  I am allowed to feel every single emotion on this roller coaster.  And that in itself is beautiful.

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven...
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment