Friday, October 5, 2012

A Little Bit Stronger

I have been thinking a lot about writing on here and what I wanted to say when I did. Honestly, I found myself almost completely avoiding it. What I started to be a way release my feelings and work through everything ended up making me tired just to think about. I don't know if it is because I didn't have anything I felt important enough to say or that I just didn't feel like "working" through it all.

But then I decided what I want to say.

I feel like a lot of bad things have been happening in my life lately.

Maybe not all these bad things are happening to me directly, but they are happening to people I love.

It's hard and it makes me very very sad. And I thought I was sad before but my heart aches more than it ever has! Sometimes it feels so hard that I just don't know how things will get better. Sometimes I want to just let the grief and the sadness take over and give up.

But then I think of this:
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:1-3

I think of these precious verses and I know that I want to the Lord to "bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of despair."

I want to be made stronger through all of this and be a testimony that the Lord heals! Because He does and He will! I trust that.

So I will continue to cling to these verses and like Sara Evans sings I will get a little bit stronger everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    Very beautiful posts. It is easy to see that the hand of God is on you. Keep writing...I'm very sorry for your loss.

    "You have kept count of my tossings;put my tears in a bottle. Are they not in your book? Psalm 56:8

    ReplyDelete