Well, I wasn't planning on writing on here so soon but... I just felt like I needed to! First, a little background to this post. I started the James bible study by Beth Moore last semester I think... Yeah I know, obviously it was long enough ago that I can't remember. Anyways, I wasn't feeling connected and was having a hard time really getting into it and having a good quiet time so I ended up quitting. Well recently I have just felt like it needed to be picked back up, dusted off, and cracked open. So, I decided to give it another chance and just pick back up where I left off.
So, that brings us to now. I did a lesson recently that had a quote it in that has just been replaying in my mind. "Every gap in your life makes room for the Lover of your soul." These words just stabbed my heart and have been on constant replay in my mind. I just think about how many times I have thought that I have lost something or am missing something now without my Dad. How wonderful and incredible is it for me to realize that this "gap" I now feel in my life is just more room for my Heavenly Father. The One who is "perfectly acquainted with every circumstance in our lives and every cell in our bodies." (Beth Moore)
I just want to shout from the mountain tops about this. It fills my heart with overwhelming joy to be reminded how well the Lord knows me, knows my heart, knows what I need and He wants to give me all of these things. I also love what Beth Moore said about time and how He uses time to unwrap the gifts that we see as curses right now. I can look back at mistakes I have made or times that I felt were hard and I am thankful for them now. I remember when my family moved to Searcy and how scared I was and how hard it was to make new friends. Now, I look back and am so unbelievably thankful. So many good things have come from living there.
It is hard not having my Dad around and it will be hard for a long time I think. That doesn't mean the Lord won't use this experience to grow me and bless me. I am excited to continue this study and I think I picked it (back) up at the perfect time!
Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights. with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning. James 1:17
No comments:
Post a Comment